Compex Divinity

What can I say a complex person in a complex world. This journey we call life I try to make sense of. As I go through experiences and with the words I share with who ever reads this :)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter of Concern

443 Sandypoint. Pl

Penticton, British Columbia

Canada V2A 6J7






123 Main Street

Sportstown, British Columbia

Canada V2A 1W3






Dear Mr. Kleats: My name is A. Winzit





I do appreciate you putting in the time, energy and effort for the girls grade 8 basketball team. As a parent it is my duty to expressing my concerns to you. To talk in a civilized manner and have my child in a healthy environment for her growth. Sports are a important part of our lives. It encourages fitness and helps children become more social. Melody loves sports and I support her in her activities.





I do have concerns for some of your methods on coaching. I know you have priorities to your family, teaching as well as your other personal activities. Volunteering your time to coach is very much appreciated, I have some suggestions that should be taken into consideration.



I am not saying I'm perfect nor is anybody, and I am not always on time and nobody is. You lead a busy life, so I suggest that the girls are given a practice schedule, and that you could have an assistant coach to get the practices organized and open the gym so the girls could get some shooting time and then start practice when you arrive.





I have noticed that some girls don't get as much playing time. Yes, some of the girls are better players than others, but I feel that all should be given a fair chance. Winning is good, it builds self-esteem, gratitude and is appealing. All girls should be involved in the process of winning some don't feel they have done enough and that causes mixed emotions. So involving all players is a win-win situation. Last of all is talking to girls, yes sometimes it's hard to understand how to communicate with girls. Tone of voice is important, if you feel one of the girls needs some advice talk her at half time or time out. I find that to be the better approach and is more effective. I respect your title as coach, and know this will be a good season.



Sincerly, A. Winzit

1 comment:

  1. Good effort on the assignments you have done. Good detail and quite well polished. Mising assignments # 9, 8,and 5.
    Good luck on the provincial.

    ReplyDelete