Compex Divinity

What can I say a complex person in a complex world. This journey we call life I try to make sense of. As I go through experiences and with the words I share with who ever reads this :)

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Accepting Journey

Living and learning is what people do everyday. We as a society learn from one another, sure we are individuals but we are also effected by those around us. It's not just one event or one point in our life that changes us as a whole but a series of events; yes some are unfortunate, and some are wonderful. I know that I have changed as a person, I am different now as a person that I was three years ago. For me it was four main sources that changed me.

The first was leadership, following in my older sisters foot steps by joining. It is the youth program on the reserve, the age range to join was 14+ I was twelve and too young to join. I want to join because the group did fun stuff and got to travel. When I turned 13 as soon as school started again I went to leadership. Leadership met every Monday after school. So I walked to Leadership with my sister and the rest of the group. I was so excited that I had joined, I know that it was a turning point in my life. Through this group I have experienced good times and bad and have had great experiences.

The second point in my life that I have changed was in the sweat lodge. The sweat lodge is a type ceremony for our people, it is for prayer and helps people, it's is very spiritual. I know it has helped me in many ways, finding out more about myself each and every time. I know that the sweat will always be there and it will always be in my life. It has helped improve me spirtually, physically, mentally and emotionally.

I have also had experiences from antoher ceremony know as the Winter Dance. This is a very long ceremony and is only held when there is snow on the ground, it goes for two or three days. It is very sacred and hold much meaning in my life. The ceremony is in a long house and is very spiritual and emotional. I believe it has helped me to understand and give me a diferent point of view on many things.

I am a traditional drummer and singer. I am a ambassador for my community and nation. One thing I have found that has kept me sane is my culture. It has found me for a reason and I have accepted it and it has accepted me. I know that the series of events in my life has made me as a person and I believe that it is these events that made me mature and helped me discover myself.
A. Cardenas

2 comments:

  1. Lots of content - good job. I would suggest you focus on one of the events you've described. Then you can go into very specific detail and make it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Amber. Missing assignments 5, 7, and 8.

    Mr VC

    ReplyDelete