Compex Divinity

What can I say a complex person in a complex world. This journey we call life I try to make sense of. As I go through experiences and with the words I share with who ever reads this :)

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To be Accepted Go the Distance

There are so many lives in this world. Though some are similar none are the same. No life is greater than another, but each one is unique. In my life I've had ups and downs; good times and bad. But who hasn't? I have had a great life yes. I mean as a child I could take apart a VCR put it back together and watch Lion King before dinner. I could make a volcano every lunch in grade one and two; after eating hot lunch. As I grow, I realize different things and start to ask more questions and we change. In middle school I could do sixty-two sit ups in a minute. Yeah I got the school record. I've canoed everywhere in British Columbia. I've canoed in Scotland. I've canoed through wind and rain, through the hot scorching sun. I've overcame many obstacles in my life. I am very unique in my background, Okanagan native and Aztec Mexican. Having these both of these backgrounds is a bit of a challenge. I am proud of my culture it doesn't always get the respect and acceptance that all people deserve. Racism I have over came.But I think many people have not; for example there are many cultures in my high school and not all are accepted by each other. I believe in fighting for my rights and being a good ambassador for my people. All my people. I am proud of my ancestors and who I am as a person. I have learned so much about life in general through community, friends and family. I most value the lessons from my elders and my people. I hope that someday everyone can be accepting of one another. One of my goals in the future may be to promote acceptance and tolerance in all races. My short term goal is to graduate with a full dogwood and be accepted into your school.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job on the college application. Lots of detail on that one. Put that much detail into the others. The college application also show evidence of lots of proofreading. Make sure you stay in one tense. Your gangster paragraph switches tense. I'm not sure what the Thanksgiving assignment is.

    ReplyDelete